Who we are
We are Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading nonprofit social marketing organization. We strive to facilitate the health of people in developing countries by giving them access to products and services ranging from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” in the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with diverse profiles ranging from the medical industry to the music industry, all with unique skills that we bring to work.
PSI is an international non-profit organization that provides vital information, products and services to tackle some of the world’s most pressing health issues so people can lead healthier, happier and healthier lives. productive. PSI has 50 years of experience that facilitates the way we reimagine bringing quality healthcare closer to those who need it most. Currently, PSI works in more than 30 countries.
At PSI, we not only help develop lasting solutions to the world’s most serious health problems, but we create a healthcare experience that treats recipients like consumers, starting with putting more quality care and control directly in the hands of consumers.
Partner with us!
PSI is looking for a passionate BI Development Consultant to join a growing, best-in-class team that is changing the way we deliver healthcare to women around the world.
VIYA is a Fem Tech solution that harnesses the power of technology to empower women with the tools to take charge of their sexual health and wellbeing in an easy, reliable, and fun way. (Read more here https://www.psi.org/2022/01/femtech-meets-ngo-how-viya-is-going-all-the-way-with-womens-health/).
The ideal candidate should be a hands-on technologist with experience implementing data systems engineering best practices to build visual analytics solutions. The right person must have an inherent sense of creativity and innovative strategic thinking to find insights in sprawling datasets and convert them into strategic opportunities within the organization.
The BI Development Consultant will work closely with Viya Program Managers to support and implement high quality data-driven decisions. They will be required to support and guide the business in a wide range of activities, from creating explanatory and predictive models, to communicating complex information, to running experimental pilots and evaluating the ‘inference. The BI Development Consultant will also lead the visualization of data analysis for the project while leading the discovery of improvement opportunities across multiple projects.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Continue reading.
The BI Developer will:
- Develop business intelligence web applications using PowerBI or Apache Superset, which allow users of all skills to easily explore and visualize data
- Use ETL/ELT cloud services like Azure Data Factory for serverless data integration and transformation.
- Sketch and collaborate on systematic data ingestion from data sources, including published events and API integrations.
- Generate guidelines and automation frameworks for data pipelines and analytics processes.
- Merge, maintain and improve the infrastructure used in the data analytics workflow (data lakes, data warehouses, automation frameworks).
- Create innovative, data-driven data models and visualizations to use to advance strategic decision-making
- Understand business requirements to define functional specifications and design reports and dashboards with modern approaches
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate analysis and results in a clear and concise manner
- Synthesize and shape data from multiple data sources into actionable reports and analytics that include intelligent recommendations
- Test new visualization and analytics technology to advance analytics team capabilities
- Data modeling and creation of aggregation pipelines in MongoDB (document-oriented database program) that augments schema design for performance, scalability, and simplicity.
- Leverage Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and the WhatsApp Twilio service to gather and distill marketing campaign, impact, and strategy performance data for end-to-end management.
- Explore IVR (Interactive Voice Response), Dialogflow (chatbots), and BigQuery (cloud RDBMS) data structures to harvest digital analytics and measure the purchase funnel involving acquisition, behavior, and conversion.
- Build advanced analytics capabilities including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and anomaly detection models for predictive analytics to turn real-time data into actionable insights.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with a passion for data science, data visualization and healthcare who is willing and able to learn by doing in a demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, information management statistics, applied mathematics, analytics, economics, computer science or related field required
- Adept at orchestrating end-to-end data products; including working with stakeholders to define requirements, extract and transform data, build and evaluate models/analytics, and deploy them in a repeatable and robust way
- 3+ years of experience in a business intelligence role in data science and analytics, or visualizations/dashboards
- 3+ years of experience designing, analyzing, and presenting data models, visualizations, and data insights to internal and external clients
- 3+ years of experience using Power Bi, Tableau, or Superset to make strategic decisions
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for dataset analysis (SQL, STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- 1 year+ of experience consuming non-SQL data sources (MongoDB preferred)
- Familiar with multiple data sources (XML, CSV, JSON, etc.) and scripting languages Python, R
- Fluent English
- Understanding of market research and analysis techniques
- Comfortable working in matrix organizations and collaborating with cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Very strong personal integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Very organized and independent
- Passion and knowledge of design thinking, UX/UI optimization and customer experience best practices
What would turn us on?
- Experience with HL7 FHIR standards
- Experience in public health, women’s health, mobile technology, or working for a development agency
- Experience in digital marketing analysis
- Fluent in French, Portuguese or Spanish
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Female developers are strongly encouraged to apply
How to register
This is a consultant position with a six-month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension. Consultants can be based in Eastern and Southern African countries with a PSI social enterprise presence.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and an up-to-date curriculum vitae to to [email protected], Subject: VIYA BI Consulting Services to be received no later than August 12, 2022 at 4 p.m.
PSI reserves the right to accept or reject any offer and is not required to justify its decision.