The Privacy and Compliance Consultant provides ongoing support for the Corporate Law, Risk and Compliance group’s privacy and compliance programs.
- Deliverables related to compliance implementations and initiatives, such as pay and hour, labor and employment, data collection, etc.
- Daily management of privacy issues and development of privacy strategy and projects.
- Provide operational subject matter expertise during the lifecycle of staffing solutions (including implementation and deployment and beyond) to ensure optimal operational and customer experience.
- Help Kelly take proactive, practical and creative steps to audit and monitor compliance of key areas affecting our temporary talent.
- Act as a change agent to support organizational goals; drive changes in current practices related to compliance issues.
- Privacy Compliance: Provide ongoing support for the company’s privacy compliance program, including conducting transfer impact assessments; review and revision of data protection agreements and privacy policies; embed privacy-by-design principles into processes and operations; handle privacy incidents, complaints and subject access requests; implement solutions to new and existing privacy laws; provide support for the project; support information security initiatives; and help shape the company’s privacy strategy.
- Global Compliance: Lead the design and execution of initiatives related to core compliance activities, including but not limited to anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-corruption, money laundering, business regulations, labor and employment, wages and hours, cybersecurity, licensing and other regulatory compliance activities.
- Perform operational reviews and other audit functions to ensure Kelly standards and wage and hour requirements are met. Provide comprehensive remediation and referral support as needed.
- Create, maintain and update KellyWeb compliance related materials and training.
- Assist with the development of program documentation and training, post-launch support as a subject matter expert, and operational setup implementation.
- Provide second level response to Operations and HQ departments regarding “deeper level” compliance, policy/procedure and change management issues.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Assist in the preparation and presentation of enterprise risk management documents to management and the board.
Knowledge and skills needed:
- Knowledge of international privacy laws, regulations and frameworks including but not limited to GDPR, UK GDPR, CCPA, FERPA, HIPAA, LGPD, DPA (Switzerland), DPA (Russia) and PDPA (Singapore) .
- 5-7 years of experience in business management and/or managing complex projects (preferably in the workforce solutions industry).
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn compliance requirements for global public companies and US-based employers.
- Understanding and familiarity with US employment laws and regulations, especially wage and hour requirements.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into easily digestible and practical business information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to think critically, independently and make decisions.
- Be comfortable getting advice when needed.
- Able to define action steps with measurable results.
- Monitors progress to stay on track.
- Exercises good judgment in deciding among alternatives, understands when decisions should be escalated to company counsel, subject to solicitor-client privilege or company management.
- Act with urgency.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a cross-functional team of internal and external partners to deliver high quality solution and results.
- Ability to be agile, innovative, strategic and results-oriented.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in the MS Office suite. Familiarity with advanced Excel functions such as V lookups, merging multiple data files or interest in developing data analysis skills. Technical aptitude to support the learning of new technologies and new systems.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in the field of data privacy.
Our value proposition:
Kelly connects qualified people with some of the best companies in the world through our recruiting and outsourcing practices. As advocates for the value of all workers and all work styles, we are united by our passion for connecting people to work and helping them reach their greatest potential. Our work really matters, and we know it. We celebrate each other’s successes because we are all in this together and know that empowering others uplifts us all. Come join us and you will see that we are a group of people dedicated to breaking down barriers for all people who want to work and connecting people to work that enriches their lives.
Your total health:
At Kelly, we design our benefits with you and your overall health in mind. Our plans focus on your emotional, mental, spiritual, financial, social, professional, environmental and physical well-being.
- Paid vacation (3 weeks)
- Vacation (8 days)
- Sick / Mental Health / Wellness (5 days)
- Floating vacation / Personal significance (3 days)
- Volunteer Day (1 day)
- Healthcare – including medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) correspondence
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and disability insurance provided by the company
- Paid parental leave
- Help with adoption
Your safety matters:
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in accordance with current client and government policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Jobs in Colorado only:
This job can be done anywhere except the state of Colorado. Colorado residents will not be considered for this job posting. [note: additional detail such as compensation range is to be included if posting in CO].
Kelly is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, including but not limited to race, gender, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal employment opportunity is the law.
Application submission information: