Extension number: 50000525
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Job classification: PL6
- The Vice Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered and client-focused corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of corporate services of the bank.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the Bank’s competitiveness as an employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s personnel, IT, corporate and institutional supply services, language services, business continuity and health and safety strategies.
The recruitment department
- The mission of the Bank’s Corporate Information Services Department (CHIS) is to align the IT delivery strategy with the Bank’s business strategy to increase organizational efficiency through effective use of information systems (IF).
- Under the direction of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Manager, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to provide the best possible IT services to Bank staff and help Achieve results that bring the Bank closer to achieving its poverty reduction goals. in Africa.
- Under the direction of the Head of IT Governance, Office of Program Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Planning and Administration, the Head of Planning and Administration coordinates the procurement of assets and IT services, including consultants and staff recruitment.
- It also provides support regarding procurement and contract management, IT budget planning and execution, and payment processing functions within the IT department in accordance with the Bank’s financial and procurement rules, regulations and procedures. .
Under the supervision and direction of the Head of IT Governance, Program Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Planning and Administration, the primary duties and responsibilities of the Head of Planning and administration are:
Management of IT purchases:
- Participate in the preparation of overall annual supply plans for the CHIS department.
- Identify the needs of the department in terms of hiring consultants, budgets to implement the various contracts.
- Initiate the recruitment of firms and individual consultants, in accordance with AfDB procurement policies and regulations.
- Assist Project Managers and Team Leaders in drafting Terms of Reference (ToR), as needed.
- Prepare Expression of Interest (EOI) and ensure timely publication.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the recruitment of individual consultants and consulting firms.
- Monitor ongoing procurement processes and facilitate timely analysis and responses to requests for clarifications.
- Coordinate the evaluation of offers.
- Provide advice and assist in the preparation of appraisal reports in accordance with Bank rules.
- Ensure internal clearance of procurement assessment reports and recommendations before submitting them to the approval authority in accordance with the Bank’s Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Provide support in the preparation of contracts and liaise with legal experts for any guidance and clarification required.
- Liaise with other units such as Procurement Department for registration of consultants/firms and resolution of all related issues and disputes.
- Track and manage all contracts signed with individual consultants and consulting firms.
- Process and track consultant/firm payments against contract deliverables.
- Coordinate contract performance evaluation for individual consultants and companies.
- Renew contracts.
- Prepare reports on consultant purchases and answer questions regarding purchases, contracts, etc.
Budget and finance:
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget including CAPEX and OPEX.
- Provide assistance and information to CHIS management on budget management.
- Process and track payment and budget transactions in SAP.
- Support the maintenance and dissemination of team knowledge developed by the planning and administration team.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external CHIS stakeholders.
- Monitor and review expenditures and bring issues to management’s attention.
- Prepare the budget commitment for the CHIS.
- Participate in the monitoring of budget allocation.
- Provide a wide range of assistance to the department team in the implementation of its work program.
- Support and work collaboratively with team members and others in various department/division work groups.
- Become familiar with the content of operational documents and reports, keeping abreast of Bank policies and procedures (e.g. procurement manual, recruitment manual and DAM) and work processes.
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for meetings and other activities to coordinate work-related activities across the Department and relevant areas of the Bank.
- Support the maintenance and dissemination of team knowledge developed by the planning and administration team and take notes during meetings, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Advise on the assignment of support staff to meet priorities, workload and deadlines; participates in the recruitment of temporary local staff by reviewing applications; shortlist candidates and participate in the interview panel, provide reports for decision-making, draft terms of reference and monitor their recruitment.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations and assist as required.
- Provide support in the preparation of the CHIS department work plan.
- Work closely with the Program Management Officer in coordinating the activities of the Information Systems Steering Committee (ISSC). This includes assisting with the preparation of meeting records, drafting minutes for recording, etc.
- Perform other tasks assigned by CHIS management.
Skills (skills, experience and knowledge)
- At least a master’s degree in information technology, computer science or a related discipline.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and practical experience of the Bank’s financial management and procurement rules and procedures.
- At least four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Budgeting and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s rules and regulations on supplier and procurement management.
- Knowledge of the SAP system with particular emphasis on the Purchasing and Finance modules.
- Any SAP training certificate will be an added advantage.
- Results oriented.
- Honesty and sensitivity to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate comfortably with people.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Client orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, prioritize work, meet strict deadlines and collaborate with team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Mastery of standard Bank software: Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
Click here to apply