Fresenius Medical Care North America’s Renal Therapy Group offers a new way to quickly change a dialysis filter with compromised flow without replacing the entire cartridge.
The dialysis provider and equipment manufacturer said today that its new Speedswap system is designed to address common dialysis circuit obstruction or clotting in continuous kidney replacement therapy (CKRT) in healthcare facilities. intensive. Speedswap is intended to shorten the time needed to change dialysis filters, reduce treatment downtime, ease the workload of nurses and reduce treatment costs.
“This introduction of Speedswap aims to both improve the quality of dialysis treatment in the critical care setting and to make our technology even easier for the care team to use,” said Renal Therapies Group President. Joe Turk said in a Press release. “This product is another example of how we continuously work to introduce innovations that improve our NxStage System One and ensure that it remains every hospital’s first and best choice for ongoing therapy.”
RELATED: What Fresenius Learned About COVID, Kidneys and Dialysis During the Pandemic
The system includes two products for the NxStage System One with NxView: Cartridge Express with Speedswap and the Speedswap Express Kit.
Fresenius said system features include:
- Shipping connectors designed to maintain valve sterility and integrity during storage and shipping.
- The valves to disconnect the pre-attached removable filter are designed to stop the flow of fluid when disconnected and allow flow when connected.
- A line restrictor designed to allow pressure adjustment in venous and arterial lines, as well as allowing connections to other access sources.
- The Safe2 Rotator connector features a twist lock designed to prevent accidental disconnection and improve handling for greater flexibility and durability.
- Pressure Oscillating Diaphragm (POD) technology eliminates the blood-air interface and can reduce the risk of filter clotting and associated treatment interruptions.
- Needleless valves designed to minimize the appearance of air in the circuit.
The Speedswap cartridge can only be used with NxView software 3.1 or higher, System One Cycler software 4.14 or higher and NxStage System One NC4921 Rev. J or higher.
Fresenius Medical Care’s health products business is the 28th largest company in the global medical device industry, according to our 2021 Medtech Big 100 ranking.
With more than $4.4 billion in revenue in its final year, Fresenius Medical Care could move up or down the list when we release our 2022 rankings in the coming weeks. Be among the first to see these new rankings by signing up to our free email newsletters.